The IEP MBA course is designed for Master's degree students admitted to the Kelley School of Business at Indiana University. The purpose of the course is to help international and ESL graduate students to sharpen their language skills and improve the reading, writing, and comprehension skills necessary to succeed in the Kelley School of Business.
"A Course That Exceeded All Expectations"
Aki Kiyomiya, IEP graduate and current MBA student at the Kelley School of Business
Basic Program Outline
- Six-week course of study
- 4 hours of class 5 days a week
- Content and skill-based courses
- Faculty with extensive ESL teaching experience in the US and abroad
- All faculty specialized in Business English
Skills that students will acquire:
- Effective use of business terms in English
- Appropriate use of English in the MBA classroom setting
- Proper framing and posing of questions in English in MBA classes
- English language appropriate for socializing and networking
- Use of English in academic discussions and group work
- Preparing and giving individual and group presentations in English
The MBA Prep courses offer several fieldtrips and activities that include unique opportunities to visit business organizations and professionals such as the following:
- The Monroe County Chamber of Commerce
- The Kelley School of Business at Indiana University
- Lectures by Business professionals
- Visits to local businesses
Requirements for participation
Prospective participants must be admitted into the Kelley School of Business M.B.A. program.
After admission to the Kelley M.B.A. Program, complete the IEP application here.