This course is designed exclusively for admitted Master's degree students in the Kelley School of Business at Indiana University. The purpose of the course is to help second language graduate students to sharpen language skills and improve reading, writing, and comprehension skills necessary to succeed in the Kelley School of Business.
- Six-week course of study
- 4 hours of class 5 days a week
- Content and skill-based courses
- Faculty with extensive ESL teaching experience in the US and abroad AND in Business English
Course of study
- Understand and learn to effectively use business terms in English
- Become more familiar with using English language skills in the MBA classroom setting
- Learn how to frame and ask questions in English in MBA classes
- Improve their English language skills for socializing and networking
- Practice using English in academic discussions and group work
- Prepare for making presentations in English
The Business English course offers several fieldtrips and activities to the students participating. These are unique opportunities to visit business organizations and professionals such as the following:
- The Monroe County Chamber of Commerce
- The Kelley School of Business at Indiana University
- Attend lectures by Business professionals
- Visit local businesses
Requirements for participation
Prospective participants must be admitted into the Kelley School of Business M.B.A. program.
After admission to the Kelley M.B.A. Program, complete the enrollment form.