Please note that admission to the Intensive English Program does not guarantee admission to Indiana University or any of its degree programs.
All students admitted to the IEP program must:
- have earned a high school diploma
- be at least 18 years of age
* international students must prove that they or their sponsors are able to pay for living expenses and tuition while in the United States
There are four main parts to the IEP application:
- Online application form
- Passport photo page, attached to the application form as JPG or PDF
- Financial documentation in the form of a bank statement or sponsor letter, attached to the form as PDF. If the bank statement is not in your name, please submit a letter of support from your sponsor. Financial documentation should be written in English or translated to English by an official translation service.
- U.S. $100 application fee (non-refundable).
Transfer students must also submit a copy of their current I-20 and a final evaluation and transcript from their previous school, if available, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
When we have received all of your information, we will send you an I-20 document to present at an American Embassy or Consulate and request an F-1 student visa. Note that you should not enter the United States on a B-2 (tourist) visa if you plan to study full-time at a university. It is very difficult to change from a B-2 (tourist) visa to an F-1 (student) visa.
You will need to pay a Student Exchange and Visitor Information Service (SEVIS) fee and make a visa interview appointment at a U.S. embassy or consulate.
Please visit the U.S. Department of State website to check estimated appointment wait times for visa interviews at your nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate. You will want to have that wait time in mind when you choose the session start date for your studies.