- 5/4 SLS Student Ala Simonchyk's Dissertation Defense, The relationships between perception, production,lexical encoding and orthography in the acquisition of palatalization in L2 Russian in the Persimmon Room of the IU Memorial Union.
- 5/5 Last day of classes at Indiana University for Spring 2017
- 5/8 First day of classes for IEP
- 5/9 First day of classes for IU Summer session
- 5/10 IEP Coffee Hour 11:30am-12:30pm
- 5/16 IEP Language Table 12:40-1:40pm
- 5/19 IEP Pizza and Bowling event
- Click here for our weekly Colloquium schedule. Every Friday during the semester from 2:30 to 4:30 P.M. in Ballantine Hall 103.
News & Announcements
- Have a great Summer! We want to wish everyone a happy and relaxing summer! Starting May 15th the Main SLS Office will be going to summer hours. Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 12:00pm and 12:30pm - 4:30pm. Enjoy the summertime!
- Congratulations to PH.D Candidate Ala Simonchyk She successfully defended her dissertation Thursday, May 4th! We wish Dr. Simonchyk all the best in her future endeavors!
- Congratulations to Professor Sun Young Shin! We want to extend our congratulations to Professor Sun Young Shin who has been appointed to tenure and promotion to Associate Professor! We greatly appreciate all your contributions to our department and to the university.
- Congratulations to Assistant Professor Friedman Congratulations to Assistant Professor Debra Friedman for being selected to receive the University Trustees Teaching Award in the At-Large Tenure Track Faculty competition! This award honors individuals who have a positive impact on learning through the direct teaching of students at the University.
- New Publication by Faculty Congratulations to Dr. Yucel Yilmaz on the publication of Cognitive Individual Differences in Second Language Processing and Acquisition, edited by Gisela Granena, Daniel O. Jackson, and Yucel Yilmaz. The text includes work from SLS faculty Dr. Isabelle Darcy, current SLS PhD student Yilmaz Koylu, and SLS MA graduate Zachary Meyer!