- 9/22 - SLS Colloquium - SLS Faculty Philip LeSourd
- 9/25 - IEP Grammar circle, 12:20-1:10PM, WH116
- 9/26 - IEP Coffee Hour - 11:15AM-12:05PM, BH004
- 9/27 - IE Language Table - 5:30-7:00PM, IMU Food court
- 9/29 - SLS Colloquium - Yilmaz Koylu, Senyoung Lee and Vaishnavi Mukundhan
- Click here for our weekly Colloquium schedule. Every Friday during the Fall and Spring semesters from 2:30 to 4:30 P.M. in Ballantine Hall 103.
News & Announcements
- SLS Colloquium Friday, Sept. 22nd Join us this afternoon at our Colloquium as SLS faculty member Philip LeSourd presents "Second Position Without Movement: Enclitic Particles in Passamaquoddy." (Passamaquoddy is an Algonquian language spoken in Maine.) Our colloquiums meet on Fridays from 2:30 - 4:30 in Ballantine Hall 103.
- SLS Colloquium Friday, Sept. 15th SLS Ph.D. student Yilmaz Koylu will be speaking on "Comprehension of Conversational Implicatures in English as an L2." You can find the abstract for this presentation on our new Colloquium page.
- Three Films for the IU Themester We are very excited to announce that we will be a part of IU's Themester this year; Diversity, Difference, Otherness. Working with Indiana University Cinema, Associate Professor David Stringer will be hosting a film series of three films over the course of October. These are "The Linguists" on October 9th, "The Shaman's Apprentice" on October 23, and "Baraka" on October 29. Come join us for three evenings of wonderful film and explorations into the current Themester